Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Regional Market P&L team in Texas.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. And we need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar is changing how Medicare Advantage & health insurance plans work by leveraging technology & service to drive superior health outcomes. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt the industry. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
You will be responsible for driving Medicare Advantage & Individual (ACA) membership growth through our system, IPA, & provider partnerships. You will spearhead the local network strategy, ensuring providers across our service area have the information & support they need to provide best-in-class member care, maximize growth, & drive quality outcomes. You will report to the Associate Director, Central Market P&L.
- Own & execute on local network development & engagement strategies with independent providers, physician networks, & systems
- Help to grow the network through building out contracting list of key specialists working with in-network PCPs & assisting with contracting when necessary
- Leverage existing in-market relationships to grow Oscars network & develop favorable relationships with in-network providers
- Understand & clearly explain contract nuances such as fee-for-service, capitation, & risk while reviewing & amending contracts as necessary to realize network cost efficiencies
- Partner with Sales & Marketing on sales strategy, broker tabling, community events, co-marketing, etc.
- Analyze network gaps, research providers to bring in-network, & identify new partnership & market opportunities
- Optimize health outcomes & measurements such as HEDIS by educating providers on proper coding, prescribing patterns, member ER utilization, etc.
- Partner with Oscars Medical Cost Management team to implement strategies that drive profitability & growth
- Project manage tech & provider integration efforts
- Driving awareness of novel Oscar initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience in healthcare network partnerships, provider or network contracting, consulting, healthcare analytics, or sales distribution - preferably in Texas
- Experience working with healthcare contracts & rates
- Experience building & maintaining partnerships with providers
- Data-driven decision-making experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.