Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT Engineering team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the systems & network infrastructure that powers Rent the Runways corporate offices, warehouses, retail stores, & drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross functionally services the Rent the Runway business & partners across the entire enterprise. The IT Engineering team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving innovation & efficiencies throughout the businesses IT processes.
About the Job:
The position of Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for designing & operating the RTR endpoint management systems such as JAMF, SCCM & MDMs systems for our corporate offices, our warehouse fulfillment centers, retail locations & return drop boxes. This role is for an experienced hands on engineer that is a subject matter expert (SME) in endpoint engineering, infrastructure, systems & network technology looking to join a fast scaling company.
What You'll Do:
- Lead as a subject matter expert engineer in JAMF while working on a cross functional team to implement security & performance standards across Windows, Apple, & Android devices.
- Responsible for automating tasks such application installation, configuration, & updates
- Design & manage endpoint management to enable onboarding & offboarding tasks related to corporate IT systems
- Be a technology partner to the various business units in powering all warehouse facilities, retail & corporate locations with leading technology solutions.
- Contribute cross functionally to infrastructure engineering & systems administration teams responsible for Azure, Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta & Windows Servers.
- Contribute cross functionally to systems administration & technical integration including corporate software as a service (SaaS) applications & services such as Google, Office 365, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Contribute cross functionally with the network engineering team responsible for site to site communication & all AN/ WAN, Juniper, Palo, MPLS, & Wireless
- Contribute to building & developing & operating technical systems & solutions, policies, & processes to bring best practice to RTR to enable the organization to reach higher levels of scale & efficiency
- Contribute to the implementation of new infrastructure, configuration, maintenance, & roadmaps development for existing infrastructure, as well as expansion to new sites for a high growth.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education & experience along with at least 5 years of well-rounded IT engineering experience as a lead, supervisor or manager is necessary.
- Have demonstrated expertise & success using endpoint management solutions such as Jamf & SCCM in a large company with iOS, Android, OS-X & Windows devices at locations across a broad geographic region
- Have experience implementing MDM solutions such as Soti, Airwatch, or Jamf across a large BYOD fleet.
- Have superior critical thinking & problem-solving skills in complex, disparate IT, systems & networking environments
- Have exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Able to empathize & collaborate with colleagues, independently manage & run projects, & prioritize efforts among conflicting priorities.
- Have a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserves your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.