The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for an Accounting Manager position to join its growing & dynamic accounting team within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for the monthly close process, general accounting, reporting, team development & process improvements to gain efficiencies & strengthen the overall control environment. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this role will work closely with members of the Revenue, Finance Systems, FP&A, HR, Legal & Operations team. The ideal candidate will have experience with & strong understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, accounting systems & data analysis expertise. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to make a positive impact with a growing company & to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Yext. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited to go beyond the traditional accounting responsibilities of close & work in a team to help grow & scale the company.
What Youll Do
- Manage the day to day activities of the accounting team focusing on close activities, process improvements, automation & analysis of the business results to support the companys scale & growth
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation & review of journal entries, variance analysis & reconciliations for various balance sheet & income statement accounts
- Review accounting transactions to ensure transactions & financial statements are properly reflected & in accordance with GAAP
- Initiate reviews & analysis to provide business insights & respond to inquiries from senior management
- Participate & initiate process improvement projects to increase efficiency & reduce cycle times
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies & procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners
- Manage external auditors for annual audit & quarterly review requirements
- Participate on strategic company projects/initiatives & apply critical thinking skills to provide solutions that drive company performance
- Assist in executing & communicating team vision & strategy
- Coach, mentor & develop a high performing team to support their growth/professional development. Included but not limited to goal setting & career development of team members.
What You Have
- Degree in Accounting or related field, or similar college level education
- 7+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge & application of GAAP, SEC regulations, & internal controls
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization & manage relationships with external parties
- Strong analytical & communication skills with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to work with different business units, develop an understanding of business processes & understand/discuss implications on the financial statements
- Interest in building & refining processes & contributing to a scaling business operation
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions & effectively present information to managers, peers & customers
- Detail & result-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced & constantly evolving environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & be flexible as priorities shift
- High degree of dedication to continuous improvement & strong sense of ownership
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, Workday & Blackline or equivalent systems is a plus
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.