AlphaSights provides global investment & business professionals with on-demand access to the knowledge they need across all industries & geographies. AlphaSights connects decision-makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, & corporations with a dynamic network of industry experts who provide qualitative & quantitative market insights, industry expertise, & execution support so our clients can make more informed decisions. Leveraging cutting-edge technology & our global team of 1000+ professionals in nine global offices, we support our clients 24/7 around the world. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more about life at AlphaSights here.
The Senior Analyst Role
As a Senior Analyst on AlphaSights Strategy & Analytics team you will play an important role in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial & collaborative environment. You will be instrumental in supporting data-driven performance measurement, analytically grounded decision-making, strategic planning & workforce enabling along a number of key dimensions that are essential to AlphaSights growth agenda. You will be based in London, but will work with employees from across the organisation opening (both regionally & functionally) to execute strategic projects.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making across a range of topics, by extracting data from proprietary systems, performing quantitative analyses, interviewing internal / external stakeholders, drawing valuable insights & presenting conclusions clearly
- Collaborate with stakeholders in product, data science, engineering, & commercial business units to identify, prioritize, structure, & manage complex issues that drive product & technology innovation priorities, & demonstrate bottom line results
- Design & conduct primary quantitative & qualitative research to identify gaps in client needs to inform both product & commercial priorities
- Continually iterate with & anticipate the needs of commercial business segments to improve client satisfaction & the commercial value of our offering
- Effectively manage data requirements across functions, build dashboards which showcase management information relevant to commercial business segments & internal stakeholders, & help to identify opportunities for growth & improvement
- Take ownership for the real business results & impact associated with the strategic initiatives you implement
More About The Strategy & Analytics Team
This role is an excellent opportunity for motivated & hard-working professionals, who wanted to develop a highly transferable strategy & analytics skill set, & learn from colleagues with backgrounds in management consultancy, corporate strategy & data analytics.
Youll work in a company of driven colleagues from around the world: we work as one global team thats dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, & celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the worlds most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
Learn more about our Specialist Functions here.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds & experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- 2-4 years of professional experience required ideally as an Associate / Analyst within a consulting firm, strategy role, product role, insights role or similar
- Experience working with product or technology teams is a strong plus
- 2:1 or above achieved in a Bachelors degree in a related field, e.g. Business, Economics, Marketing, Analytics, Engineering
- Strategic, creative thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture, develop new ideas & think through creative solutions
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation & interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly & concisely with technical & non-technical teams across multiple business segments
- Direct experience with quantitative & qualitative research methodologies (comfortable writing survey questions, discussion guides, qualitative interviewing, orchestrating focus groups, A/B testing)
- Proven analytical & quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, & an ability to use data & metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases & complete root cause analyses
- Ability to work effectively as an individual & as part of a team, meet tight deadlines & prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of Powerpoint
- High proficiency in Excel & Word
- Proficiency in SQL or fundamental understanding of relational databases
- Experience with multiple reporting mediums (e.g., Tableau, Periscope, etc.) is a plus
- Must pass a quantitative based test for application to be progressed