Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Payroll Manager to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in Global Payroll and Compliance. You will report to the Director of Global People Operations based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Process US & Canada bi-weekly & UK monthly payrolls for hourly & salary employees to ensure compliance, accuracy, & efficiency.
- Own & maintain employee data in all HRIS systems with responsibility for processing new hires, employee changes, terminations, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for our Greater China team under a PEO. This includes approving payroll invoices, management of all new hires, changes & exits, & managing all questions coming in from our PEO services on bonus payouts, changes in benefits, etc.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the time & attendance platforms ensuring timecards are accurate & timely for payroll processing.
- Partner with ADP to apply for new state & local tax accounts, & maintain existing accounts based on the locations of the employee base
- Ensure all local, state & federal governmental requirements are met, such as taxes & withholdings.
- Partner with ADP to prepare, review & file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports & W2s
- Manage all payroll changes such as salary changes, back-pay, deductions, bonuses & vacation/final pay processing for employees in accordance with state & federal legislation
- Support the open enrollment process by managing premium deductions & coding in ADP
- Oversee administration of all leave policies such as PFL, FMLA, STD & LTD & corresponding payments & communication of payments with employees
- Respond to payroll queries & escalations from employees in a timely manner.
- Work closely with accounting team & ensure the financial data & reporting is accurate & timely
- Maintain data, process & policy compliance across all countries, owning regular reporting for things such as ACA compliance, W2 maintenance, & workers compensation
- Maintain close partnership with retail leadership to help design & refine processes
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with payroll processing & compliance
- ADP WFN advanced proficiency is a MUST!
- Excellent quantitative & Excel skills
- Experience supporting retail populations a plus
- Dynamic payroll experience, inclusive of Multi-state, international payroll, exempt/non-exempt status & hourly & salaried employees
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various clients & vendors as well as all internal employee levels
- Creative, proactive thinker who actively seeks solutions, & identifies process improvements
- Enjoy a fast paced environment & must be able to adapt to constant change & evolution in the business as well
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- Knowledge on implementation of HRIS system preferred not required
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.