Moda Operandi is looking for a dynamic Director, Digital Merchandising to oversee our ecommerce site operations team. Based out of our New York City Headquarters, this position is responsible for curating & executing the ideal luxury online shopping experience specifically site merchandising, sales planning, site optimization & operations.
Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Digital Merchandising will also partner with leadership across content, buying, sales, data/analytics, technology, & finance to define the product roadmap & to achieve operational excellence for our ecommerce business.
The ideal candidate is innovative & has extensive experience launching, testing, & operating successful e-commerce businesses preferably within a luxury retailer. This is a great opportunity for an individual who obsesses about optimization & improving conversion rates; & is equipped with a deep understanding of luxury consumer insights & ecommerce merchandising strategy.
What you'll do:
- Merchandising & Planning: work with finance to develop seasonal upload & sales plans; & oversee team of e-commerce site merchandisers
- Buying & Supply Chain: work with Buying to strategically & effectively represent merchandise assortment & product offering; as well as Supply Chain for inventory management & assortment planning for each site developing uniform processes & reporting metrics for each site.
- Strategy: responsible for the defining & executing the e-commerce strategy to drive revenue, conversion, retention, & customer engagement for customer-facing products including: Trunkshow & Boutique
- Online Experience: architect a bold vision for our e-commerce experience, identifying opportunities that will allow our customers' experiences with us to be delightful & frictionless
- SEO Marketing: develop specific SEO & keyword strategies & measure results across product categories & brands
- Customer Insights: work closely with Director, CRM & Email Marketing to understand our customers & their needs to create personas, prototype products, & test ideas with existing & new customers
- Innovation: build & develop an innovative & customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent & designing the team's organizational structure to foster a strong product culture
- Metrics/KPis: own & accountability for key conversion metrics across multiple site & divisions
- Data & Reporting: partner with the data team to define measurable metrics of success for the E-Commerce Product Management team, & drive accountability through OKRs
- Performance Analysis: analyze site traffic & customer behavior in order to optimize performance & inform merchandising teams of key opportunities
- Optimization: propose websites' optimization roadmap, analyzing site analytics, test results & industry trends & innovation.
- Quality Control & Testing: implement & analyze A/B & multivariate to provide a customer-centric experience.
- Content & Creative: work with in-house Creative & Content team to develop & execute ongoing campaigns, manage promotional calendar, marketing activities, promotions, & new product launches executing the site merchandising & digital promotion strategy of each branded site,
- User Experience: work with product & engineering teams to develop, plan & implement navigational strategies & enhance functionality through prioritization of projects based on ROI, enhancing site experience & conversion
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience in e-commerce merchandising or strategy within an online or omni-channel retail setting (luxury retail experience is preferred)
- Expert knowledge of analytics & QA testing including multivariate, landing page, & A/B testing
- Proficiency in CMS (Braze is preferred, but open to comparable software)
- Collaborator at heart with a strong belief that it takes multiple points of feedback & perspective to develop the right strategy
- Experience working with finance teams to plan sales promotions, markdowns, & merchandise strategies
- Proven ability to build out dashboard to share KPIs, learnings, & analysis
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability & ROI analyses demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving & deliver recommendations.
- Proven track record in driving customer acquisition & revenue growth
- Process-oriented approach, with the ability to plan & execute projects cross-functionally & flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks.
- An ability to thrive working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment & to think strategically & with innovation
- Excellent written & verbal communication & persuasion skills.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically & innovatively
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational & time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.