Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This job can done inNew York,NY San Francisco, CAor Foster City, CA
Visa is seeking a seasoned business & commercial lawyer to join its growing legal team that supports Visa's Global Product organization & the company's business solutions functions. The position will report to a Vice President within the Global Product & Business Solutions Team.
The role includes responsibility for supporting a variety of products & services, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel, which may include mobile, digital, data, & risk products; loyalty & offers; & other payment products. The attorney will work closely with other experienced counsel & compliance professionals & regularly engage directly with mid- & senior-level business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced & challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have strong analytical, client counseling, & negotiation skills; have experience guiding & working directly with business clients; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, & collaborative team player.
Visa is looking for someone who will:
- Work closely with business & technology teams, including senior management, to understand & achieve key business objectives & help them develop compelling product & service offerings
- Draft, negotiate & drive to completion complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, & provide ongoing legal support for existing business relationships
- Provide sophisticated & creative counseling & advice to business & technology teams regarding product development, deployment, & associated commercial & contracting considerations
- Work closely with Visa's regional & local legal & business teams globally, & assist these teams in resolving regional & local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches & issues by Visa worldwide
Combination of in-house & top-tier law firm experience preferred
Prior payments industry or financial services experience is preferred.
Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent); admitted to practice law in the United States
Must be able to work independently & collaboratively, & engage directly with senior management with little or no supervision
Must be a practical & creative problem-solver with strong business acumen & work ethic
- Must be able to manage & drive the legal & regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. & internationally
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.