As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate & experienced Ecommerce Analytics Engineer for Vox Medias fast-growing e-commerce business (focusing primarily on The Strategist site). The candidate will work with the Ecommerce team to develop strategies to drive traffic to the site, & improve engagement.
What youll do:
- Generate & maintain optimal reports & dashboards for various stakeholders
- Troubleshoot issues with web traffic analysis, data pipelines, scripts & reports that the E-commerce team relies on
- Create & maintain scripts to integrate data feeds from ecommerce business partners
- Collaborate with data team on data visualization & predictive models to help guide the future direction of ecommerce business
- Establish new KPIs & monitor existing KPIs related to E-commerce business success
What youll bring:
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Proven working experience as doing analytics engineering in e-commerce or web analytics settings
- Strong experience querying & building custom dimensions in web analytics systems (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager)
- Strong knowledge of & experience with reporting packages (Google Data Studio, Looker), databases (Google BigQuery, Oracle), & data programming (Python)
- Experience using APIs & web scraping in Python to collect data from external sources
- Experience with UNIX command line, job scheduling, & airflow
- Experience doing data science & predictive models in Python or R
- Experience crafting data visualizations in Python, R, d3
- Proficiency at queries, report writing & presenting findings to senior management
- Proficiency at debugging data issues & presenting logical analyses about data issues with high attention to accuracy & detail
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.