Role & Responsibility
At Appian, were all about automation, speed, & efficiency, & we think the security field is a great place to apply these values! If you are an Appian developer with a mentality for security, Appians Information Security team may be the right fit. As part of the team, you will work to ensure the continuous evolution & improvement of our systems & programs by designing, developing, & implementing applications built on the Appian Platform & other tools.
What youll do
- Design, develop & implement customer software solutions to support Appians Security Platform
- Ensure process implementation & think critically about process improvement; including monitoring performance & setting security SLAs
- Dive deep into large volumes of security data, utilizing creative ways to find anomalies worth investigating
- Conduct security research & present findings to senior team members
- Strong ability to learn at a rapid pace, adopting new technologies or task quickly
- A bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other similar field of study
- 3+ years of Appian development experience
- A proven background in taking systems & applications from requirements to design & implementation
- A strong understanding of interconnecting systems, & using APIs
- A desire to dive deep into large volumes of security data to think about creative way to find anomalies worth investigating
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Understanding of network fundamentals & internet protocols
- Familiarity with both Windows & Linux/Unix systems
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.