This a hands-on role that will be responsible for the accuracy of cost for owned inventory joining the Inventory Accounting & Control team at The RealReal. This is a unique opportunity for a professional with a demonstrated background to own, support & build this function to growth & scale. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker & problem solver with a good understanding of retail business in a multi-channel environment (brick & mortar, e-commerce, or consumer goods.)
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Lead Analyst to ensure the proper recording of costs for Vendor/Consignor Buy Up Front, Curated & Wholesale purchased owned inventory.
- Analyze large amounts of raw data from Dior, Concur & NetSuite systems to invoices to ensure accurate reporting of cost in balance sheet accounts.
- Perform complex accruals, reclasses, journal entries & balance sheet reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly & annual close process.
- Research & resolve stores, Luxury Consignment Offices & Distribution center inventory related issues.
- Support periodic physical inventory counts, cycle counts, & transfer process working with Operations, Loss Prevention & Store Operations.
- Assist with internal controls, policies, procedures, & scalability improvements including documentation of SOX controls
- Perform other duties, adhoc analyses & special projects as assigned.
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in an Ecommerce, retail, manufacturing or consumer products environment
- Detail-oriented in a high volume environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with sense of urgency, accuracy, teamwork & cooperation
- Ability to relay verbal & written information concisely & effectively
- Experienced with General Ledger systems (NetSuite preferred), Blackline, Concur, Dior, & Warehouse Management Systems highly preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, & Power Point required
- MS Office Suite (Excel Expert: VBA, Power Suite, database integration) preferred
- MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL preferred
- Bachelors degree required (Accounting, Finance, Business)
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.