Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Manager for the Porter team in Seattle to support our growing team of porters & member base. You & your team will be responsible for maintaining the visual appeal of the community spaces through daily cleaning & upkeep. This role will report to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Manage, train & support a team of porters ensuring that all porter tasks are handled with a high level of quality
- Ensure that all turns assigned to your team are completed on time
- Clean & maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, & other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc.
- Maintain common area floors including, wash & wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets & rugs, washing carpets & rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc.
- Maintain common area walls, windows, & doors including, wash & clean, & washing windows
- Maintain common area lighting which involves changing light bulbs
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary & cleaning supplies for assigned areas
- Empty all trash receptacles & transport trash to the disposal area
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- Demonstrated success & experience managing a growing team of cleaners or porters
- Must be a team player & be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Excellent time management skills & work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs & be on feet for extended periods of time
- Light maintenance knowledge is required
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- BA/BS Degree
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.