What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is looking for data scientists with different seniority to join our Business Analytics team & help drive the success of our marketing efforts. You will have a deep understanding of the marketing domain & top of funnel dynamics, & a track record of leveraging the power of data to drive marketing wins. You are scrappy & excited about working in an evolving business & data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company & having a huge impact on a growing team.
What you'll do:
- Analyze & measure acquisition & campaign performance & ROI across different marketing channels, drive insights & recommendations to optimize marketing efforts
- Develop LTV insights & recommendations to maximize CLV
- Design, build & automate key business metrics using data across different marketing systems & tools into digestible visualizations
- Instill a culture of operational & data excellence by partnering with Data Engineering to design & develop reliable & scalable data pipelines
- Use data to inform & influence the direction of team roadmaps & inform business decisions
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 3+ years of analytics experience preferably working with Marketing organizations.
- Proficiency in SQL & experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly & effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects & to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.