Who We Are:
ATTN: bridges entertainment with topical issues to explain the world around us. We are leaders when it comes to reaching people who want context on the issues & conversations that matter to them. Our company is made up of three key lines of business: a social-first publisher delivering co-branded & original purpose driven stories to audiences every day, a full-service creative agency producing culture-bending creative & a production studio creating everything from short form social to longer form storytelling.
What Youll Do:
The Executive Creative Director is one who sees the world through kaleidoscope-eyes, while using their 6th sense to circumnavigate smart, self-aware & beautiful creative. Responsible for overseeing the ideation & development of creative work for all clients & projects, the Executive Creative Director is an effective leader & collaborator across every department in the agency.
The ECD sets the standard for working cross-functionally to win & execute enough thought-provoking & culturally relevant creative. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Executive Creative Director is someone who loves getting their hands dirty, navigating nuances & embracing the craft, & is excited & eager to manage a growing team of creatives at all levels. The ATTN: Creative Agency ECD is a brilliantly gifted badass who leads with empathy & by example.
- Craft & see through agency mission & vision alongside discipline leads across Client Services, Strategy, Project Management & Production
- Help shape the culture of the agency from both an inward-facing & outward-facing perspective
- Develop the agency creative lens that all work will be assessed with to ensure that our programs uniquely stand out in the marketplace
- Demonstrate versatility & range of conceptual thinking, from social & digital to video/film & experiential
- Crack original breakthrough ideas across a range of market categories.
- Ensure all creative concepts are well-articulated, on-brief & in-flavor
- Lead creative response to RFPs for branded campaign & partnership opportunities with Business Development & other key company leaders.
- Collaborate with Client Services & Project Management to ensure that all programs are sufficiently staffed with the proper roles & hour allocations
- In partnership with Production, ensure the delivery of all creative output is executed with precision & style
- Act as the champion of creative, the craft & the people within the agency & the outside
- Coach & develop the creative department (everyone from juniors up to leads)
- Establishes a structure of mentorship & growth within the department that fosters a clear path for greatness
- Interface with ATTN: executive team
- Ensure always-on synergy with creative operations, recruitment, people operations & finance
- Engage & interface with clients to maintain healthy relationships & recognize future opportunities for growth.
Who You Are:
- 15+ years in advertising & relevant industry experience in leadership capacity
- Proven track record in building out teams & creative department
- Robust portfolio that demonstrates strong case studies across both social & traditional brand campaigns
- Hungry & happy to get hands dirty
- Not self-obsessed, precious or passive about process
- Proven experience as a people manager
- A spirit & personality that captivates a room
- World-class verbal & written communication skills; dynamic storyteller with executive-level presentation experience, internally & client-facing
- Strategically & creatively resourceful
- Excellent collaborator with a passion for partnership & teamwork, diverse learning & communication styles, & driving swift & effective decisions
- Strategic communicator who stands out among their peers with proven experience leading creative work across design, art direction & copywriting
- Eager to build, seriously. The agency team is new & growing quickly, & the Executive Creative Director will play a key role in navigating & overcoming the hurdles that will inevitably arise along the way.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building & fostering a workplace of diversity & employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity & expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status & other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.