Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
Security at Circle:
The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, & partners; & the financial markets upon which we rely. The security team leads the companys programs for information security & cybersecurity, business continuity, vendor risk management, & privacy.
As a Security Engineer, youll lead & be responsible for key areas of the security program while collaborating across Circle teams. You will continue to learn & stay current in a fun & rapidly changing environment.
What you'll work on:
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to build & operate technology risk management controls
- Analyze AWS security configurations based on KMS Keys, Security Groups, & IAM Policies across multiple AWS Accounts
- Build security monitoring & management controls using AWS services such as Security Hub, Inspector, & Guard Duty
- Script in python using Amazon libraries such as boto3 to generate reusable utilities for environment configuration, control monitoring, audits, & assessment
- Conduct risk & controls assessments to identify risks & any associated weaknesses, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks
- Formulate recommendations that can be implemented using automation tools such as Cloudformation & Terraform
- Test for vulnerabilities & configuration errors using off-the-shelf & custom tools
- Collaborate with others to enhance event monitoring, security alerting, & incident response workflows
- Own & build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, & auditors
- Produce data-based reports on technology risk for senior management
- Drive continuous improvement in the technology risk management programs
What youll bring to Circle:
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management
- Self-motivated & creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order or priorities on the fly
- Ability to influence internal & external customers to expediently resolve issues & achieve organizational objectives
- Experience architecting & testing security controls in AWS
- Ability to thrive in an infrastructure as code environment
- The ability to design & operate controls that are easy to test & audit
- Knowledge of the PCI DSS
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 & the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, & secure coding practices a plus
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field. Equivalent experience also accepted
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSK, CISA, CISM, or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- Five or more years of experience as a security engineer, systems administrator, or systems engineer with a minimum of two years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity. Experience working in an AWS environment required.
If it feels rewarding to see your work scale through automation, are interested in building something meaningful, & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.