Company Description|Job Description
BlaBlaCar is the world's leading long-distance carpooling platform - a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers & passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together & share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network & a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient & user-friendly, wherever there's a road, there's a BlaBlaCar.
The Engineering & Product team:
Two of the key company priorities for the next 12 months are:
the ongoing migration from a monolith architecture to a service-oriented architecture, from a PHP/Symfony stack towards a Java / JS- dominated one. We are also migrating from an on premise deployment to a cloud provider;
exciting product evolutions, based on smart geo-matching & practical algorithms that give a personalized experience to each individual user.
By joining our Engineering team, you will be working alongside talented individuals grouped in small agile teams that each have strong ownership on their piece of these goals.
The core of our stack is composed of Java, React, Android, Swift, Go, Python, PHP/Symfony2, KafKa, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis.
To structure our Engineering team, we are looking for highly performing individuals with strong technical background, that are driven by positive impact on end users.
By joining the Trip team, you'll be building the heart of our new technical platform based on a state of the art service oriented architecture. We are building the algorithms behind the search engine that allow us to match millions of travellers together.
As Senior Software Engineer, your role is to lead the design of our solutions, making sure they are robust & scalable. You will also contribute to the development of the stack by developing features, guiding younger engineers in their choices & helping them to build a cloud compatible architecture.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 8 developers
- Being in charge of tech solution choices, from architecture design to effective delivery in production
- Spending more than half of your time as an individual engineering contributor within the team
- Encourage the transition from an on-premise architecture to a cloud base solution by understanding how to leverage best our cloud provider abilities
- Driving the developments (java preferred but not mandatory) & animating the software lifecycle
- Fostering positive atmosphere around excellence & ambitious goals in your team
- Encouraging skills development of your fellow colleagues
- Ensuring qualitative documentation of tech decisions & code to allow smooth onboarding of newcomers on any given project
What you will need to be successful:
- 5-8 years' experience in engineering teams within hyper-growth tech companies
- Strong track record of technical contributions
- Master 2+ tech languages (at least one object-oriented language) & eager to constantly learn new technologies
- Practical knowledge of ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) & willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty & a high velocity environment, experience of agile methods
- Hands-on, pragmatic & collaborative attitude
- Fluent in spoken & written English, proficiency French is a plus
A few practical details about the role:
Start: As soon as you are ready!
Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
Benefits: Competitive package according to profile & experience, combined with a career development plan
What we offer all of our employees:
A start-up spirit that fosters teamwork & impact
Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment
An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member”
Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
Many team gathering: weekly breakfast & drinks, dinners, parties
The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) & answer our questions in English. Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us toreview your application within the following two weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a phone interview, followed by two/three in-house interview sessions & a test.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.