Were looking for a pragmatic, growth-minded leader with a proven track record of success in our industry, to lead our eastern Canada & Toronto region to success. As the GM of Toronto, youd have end to end ownership for managing the P&L, shaping the strategy & leading the team. Youd report into our Regional GM of North America - East.
You are tasked with managing & growing a team of world-class sales & client solution leaders centered around growing & retaining quality customers, while upselling existing clients. You will own the GTM strategy for Eastern Canada & Toronto, & ultimately the responsibility of Business Development, Sales, & Client Solutions. This way, you are empowered with the end-to-end client lifecycle & P&L.
What youll do:
- Build an outstanding sales & account management team;
- Provide leadership & direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, & coaching;
- Drive to aggressive goals within each product to expand revenue based & accelerate growth;
- Manage against key commercial performance metrics;
- Implement innovative & creative ways to improve & increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent & consultative sales & client success processes;
- Design & execute an effective & aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done;
- Manage a team who sell & serve our entire Canadian product suite;
- Build a centre of Canadian expertise in support of Canadian Headquartered clients & our global effort to grow Canadian volumes.
What youll need:
- 10+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams including leading large teams and managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in operations, supply chain, logistics, or freight forwarding.
- Experience owning & managing a P&L
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust & work well with a diverse group inside & outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small;
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact in the world & on education;
- Bachelor's Degree, & ideally MBA, from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.