View All Jobs
Are you at your best when teaching others about data? Do you find yourself saying but was the difference statistically significant?, even to your friends? Is r/dataisbeautiful one of your favorite subreddits?
Then wed like to cordially invite you to geek out on data with us as the newest member of Updaters Data team, as we continue our quest to use data to improve business outcomes & make Updater a data-driven company. By partnering with teams across Updater, Data enriches customer experience & helps develop new products, drives strategy & discovers insights, evangelizes data-driven decision-making, & facilitates data access & education, all in the service of Updaters vision of being the leading platform for the relocation industry.
As Lead Data Analyst, youll be a leader on our team & will own relationships with stakeholders across the organization to perform analysis, make business recommendations, provide data education, build data-based logic into our products, & lots more. If you love using data to influence decision-making & arent satisfied until a project is driven to meaningful impact, we want to work with you!
About the Role
- Partner with our Lead Product Manager to enhance our experiment design framework so we can test faster, learn more, & release even more new features for our users.
- Collaborate with our Executive Director of Sales to demonstrate the value of our mover information to potential business partners & drive significant revenue.
- Partner with our Success & Engineering teams to build a data quality anomaly detection system to help keep our data clean & maximize one of Updaters company-wide KPIs.
- Work with fellow Data team members to create company-wide data education courses to help all Updateers bring data to bear on their toughest business problems.
- And many more impactful initiatives!
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers point of view in order to anticipate their needs -- bonus points for being able to incept stakeholders before they themselves know what they need.
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem.
- Strong communication: youre as comfortable talking with our VP of Product Operations as you are with our Director of API Engineering.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data.
- 4+ years as an analyst in a fast-paced work environment; proven ability to drive impact through analytics.
- Expert SQL & Python skills.
- Practical knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with modern reporting tools (Looker, Metabase, Superset, etc).
Bonus Points For
- Experience productizing a recommendation engine.
- Experience administering a reporting tool.
- Experience implementing a data education program.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $200 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.