Dots is an award-winning independent mobile game studio based in New York City. We create thoughtfully designed games with an emphasis on aesthetics. With over 75 million downloads & more projects on the horizon, our diverse & talented team is expanding.
We are looking for an exceptional junior to mid-level production artist to join our creative team. Are you a Unity 2D / 3D aficionado with an obsession for precision & desire to implement beautiful art assets? Can you effortlessly move between Photoshop, Illustrator & Unity? Do you stay up at night thinking of ways to make projects run smoothly? Are you passionate about mobile games, & ache to work with talented visual designers, technical artists, illustrators, game designers & developers? If so, we should chat.
- Work with designers, illustrators, & engineers to implement imagery & animations in Unity
- Redesign illustrations into Unity artwork using required specs: PNGs, SVGs, textures, 2D meshes, sprite sheets, etc.
- Work closely with our QA team to optimize in-game visual & audio assets for mobile without sacrificing aesthetics
- Create special effects & particle systems for in-game art, user interface, & game mechanics
- BA / BFA in Art or Animation, or BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in Unity 2D / 3D
- Experience in basic 3D modeling
- Discerning eye for precise, pixel-perfect artwork
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator, & file exporting best practices
- Knowledge of best practices of mobile optimization
- Excellent verbal communication skills, & good written communication must be able to grasp concepts, follow directions & collaborate with others
- Solution-oriented, team-spirited, a quick learner, & stay cool in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset & team oriented
At least 2 of the following Skills or Backgrounds:
- 2D animation characters, kinetic type, particles, parallax, etc.
- 3D animation (Maya, Modo, Cinema 4D or equivalent)
- Unity custom tools, plug-ins, & shaders