As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a key enabler for all facets of our go-to-market strategy as it pertains to Vertical Marketing. Youll play a critical role on a quickly growing team with the opportunity to make a significant impact in a short period of time. You will be responsible for ensuring that our product messaging, positioning, sales & partner enablement, new product launches, & demand generation team resonates with our target vertical markets. You will work alongside industry veterans & specialized sellers to land new accounts in the Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology, Manufacturing, & other industries in an accelerated way, & to expand Tanium within customer accounts.
Our ideal candidate will be creative, analytical, & extremely well organized, with a high level of attention to detail. You must have demonstrated experience creating interesting narratives out of complex topics, have excellent written & oral communication skills & the ability to influence & drive initiatives across cross-functional teams.
What youll do:
- Be the key enabler of marketing strategy to our targeted vertical industry markets.
- Analyze the market, buyers, trends, industry-specific problems, & competitors to create strategic positioning that differentiates Tanium to customers & prospects
- Identify target personas, understand their key business problems & pain points & articulate Taniums value proposition to drive desired outcomes.
- Work closely with sales leadership, business development, sales enablement, customer success & marketing teams across all activities
- Leverage strong content creation background to develop content, including sales tools, whitepapers, custom one-sheets, event collateral & thought-leadership content
- Collaborate with demand generation teams to execute targeted campaigns that drive pipeline
- Partner with sales, product etc. to facilitate feedback & drive continuous improvement of the product positioning, sales enablement tools etc.
- Conduct market research, including buyer interviews to inform marketing content & create actionable insights
- Present to customers, partners, & sales teams
- Travel as needed once it is safe to do so
Were looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing or equivalent experience required
- MBA strongly preferred
- We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-moving, high growth company for an opportunity to drive revenue growth & advance your career.
- Experience crafting go-to-market strategy
- Experience marketing of an enterprise software solution to address cybersecurity issues
- Experience at a business-to-business enterprise software company required
- Experience understanding technology at a deep level & ability translate to business needs concisely required
- Experience developing presentations to customers, sales teams, & partners preferred
- Solid experience in positioning work & writing marketing plans for complex products and/or market dynamics
- Strong presentation skills required. Must be comfortable speaking in front of all levels from entry level employees to the C Suite
- You are a team player, knowing how to work well cross-functionally to rally teams around your strategy & plans
- You can balance both art & science of marketing having great creative intuition & an insatiable appetite for data & insights
- Understanding of basic branding principles: brand identity, building equity, brand voice etc. a plus.
- You possess excellent business judgment; ability to prioritize independently, overcome blockers, create clarity & move forward even in ambiguous circumstances
- A profound sense of ownership & accountability is required along with the ability to influence (and inspire) & sometimes skeptical audiences
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.