The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
As a Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the Logistics & Sales team by ensuring that consignments received from consignors meet established condition standards set by the company.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Ensure all incoming LM bags are labeled with consignor information.
- Document all packages being shipped out via tracking number.
- Keep Luxury Managers informed of anything important regarding the consignment
- Safely handling & caring for luxury fashion items
- Pack shipments securely, following required specifications
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging & documentation
- Responsible for processing all parcel shipments with the designated carrier; FedEx/UPS/USPS
- Maintain shipping supplies & organize inventory
- General warehousing practices; safety & organization, housekeeping & trash removal, etc.
- Assisting Luxury Managers on appointments as needed
- Exception management of all RTS/RTC packages
- Inventory control of all incoming product via scanning app
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Logistics Dispatcher
What You Bring To The Role
- At least 2 year of work experience in a office setting
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- This position requires the ability to move & lift boxes up to 25 pounds regularly
- Comfortable collaborating with co-workers
- Clean driving record
- Fluency with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, databases, etc.)
- Accuracy & attention to detail are important
- Must be punctual & available to work overtime as needed
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3779