Bilingual Mandarin speaking a plus
We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience by expanding our retail footprint. In support of our mission, we are seeking Sales Associates to join our Retail Operations team. This position will be based in our Toronto, Canada store. Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise & merchandising, world-class-service standards, & operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, & use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to every person, every time
- Deliver a memorable experience to each & every customer in a way that is uniquely Away
- Represent our brand & our core values
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge & expertise. Help customers navigate through the shopping, product & sales journey
- Maintain the integrity of the space & uphold our visual standards
- Work in-store programs & events as needed
- Assist with any necessary processes & operations to keep the store alive & thriving!
- Must be able to lift & transport large boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and/or be on your feet for long periods of time
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Comfortable working with all types of personalities
- Passionate about speaking to travel experiences (anywhere!)
- Maintains cool under pressure
- An effective & expedient problem-solver with a keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude & feels there is no task too small & no task too large
- Eager to be at the frontline of a fast-paced & growing company
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage our employees to travel & become knowledge experts in the travel space. Youll have access to Away products at a discount to ensure your travels are seamless.
- Well invest in your career. This is a part-time, hourly position with the potential for full-time opportunities for truly exceptional associates.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here, in addition to monthly bonus opportunities for part-time employees.
Launched in 2016, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies," & one of TIME's "50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.