Associate Legal Counsel, New York
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, a fast-growing segment of the wider knowledge economy. Over the 10 years since its founding, AlphaSights has established itself as the go-to knowledge partner for clients in private equity, asset management, consultancy & corporate strategy, helping them access the expertise they need to make better decisions, faster.
AlphaSights has experienced very fast growth which has been 100% organic, with a core service offering built on quality differentiation & proprietary technology, owing to a robust talent model, scalable processes & software functionality, all underpinned by a values-driven performance culture. Headquartered in London, the company has over 900 staff in 9 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, Middle East & Asia. Learn more at www.alphasights.com.
We are looking for an exceptional commercial lawyer based in New York to join our growing global Legal team. The Legal team is a dynamic, external & internal-facing function which supports all aspects of the business across all offices, from Tokyo to San Francisco. You will have a broad range of work, ranging from: (i) negotiating contracts with clients & vendors; (ii) working closely with the client services team & our clients legal & compliance teams to ensure clients access knowledge safely; (iii) navigating complex & novel legal issues; & (iv) dealing with evolving areas of law including intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR & employment. All of this is being done at a global scale with multi-jurisdictional challenges in a fast-paced company.
As Associate Legal Counsel you will work closely with both the VP of Legal & Senior Counsel based in New York, & the wider Legal team based in London. You will grow & develop, in a high-growth commercial environment. We will provide you with autonomy & independence in your day-to-day work & give you the opportunity to self-start, drive change, manage & lead. You will be encouraged & empowered to take initiative & have hands-on ownership of projects. This is an ideal role for someone whos keen to flex their legal muscle while having direct access & exposure to the commercial & organizational workings of a dynamic, innovative global business. We are looking for a person who wants to join our high-performance team, have real impact & be part of AlphaSights growth story.
What we look for
- High-energy, self-starter whos focused on delivering outcomes
- Confidence & flexibility operating in a fast-paced, challenging & dynamic environment
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team mindset with an ability to develop strong relationships & navigate challenges across the organization & functions
- Attention to detail & curiosity, with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, & formulate a clear solution
- Polish & poise, & an ability to manage relationships with stakeholders within & outside the business
- Strong written, oral & presentation skills
- Track record of achievement in professional, academic and/or extracurricular activities
What youll need
- JD from a top American law school, BA/BS/LLB from a top university in the UK or other relevant law degree
- American attorney licensed in New York or an English qualified solicitor, with c. 1-3 years experience at a top firm or in-house
- Experience in drafting & negotiating client-facing commercial contracts
- Experience in dealing with regulatory & securities related matters and/or a corporate law background is a plus