fuboTV is the worlds only sports-focused live streaming TV service with top leagues & teams, plus popular shows, movies & news for the entire household. We have 100+ live TV channels, including the FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC & Disney broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand thousands of on-demand titles! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including Web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, XBox, smart TV's & Chromecast.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
*OUR HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, BUT WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR THIS ROLE*
About the role:
FuboTV is looking for a Streaming Support Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for monitoring & break/fix of Fubos managed video infrastructure. The Streaming Support Engineer may work in a shifted environment or on-call as needed to support FuboTVs customers 24x7.
- Responsible for making sure our acquisition & encoding infrastructure is always in a healthy state.
- Providing break/fix & analysis throughout our video workflow
- Working with internal/external teams to mitigate & resolve any issues related to video
- Perform routine maintenance
- Able to work in a shifted 24x7 operations environment
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors & their systems (e.g. Akamai, Level3, Fastly, etc.)
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: RTP, RTMP, SRT, UDP, Zixi
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix, Ineoquest, Triveni, etc
- Experience with alternate content in ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI, etc)
- Understanding of backbone video & distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc)
- Knowledge of monitoring protocols such as SNMP a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintaining & troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education & experience
- Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations & maintenance of systems, applications & equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
- Monitor & manage cloud based & in-house encoding software & abr monitoring appliances
- Drive issues to resolution & provide root cause analysis if needed Work with multiple teams to launch new services on the FuboTV platform
- Enterprise video encoding operational experience using Elemental, Ateme, or similar encoders.
- Video troubleshooting experience preferably in an MVPD environment Understanding of HLS & HLS based server-side ad stitching products
- Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
- 3+ years troubleshooting video workflows in an mvpd environment
- Knowledge of SRT or Zixi a plus
- Proficiency in scripting or programming languages such as Python or Ruby a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company