Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
This role will be on the Design team with a focus on the product & UX side. The role is full time, based in SF, & reports into our Head of Design.
- Drive initiatives with design leadership to build & evolve our operational model for the overall design org.
- Establish & improve tools, systems, & playbooks needed for the design team to produce their best work efficiently, collaboratively, & across multiple locations.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, & reporting.
- Ensure stakeholders & team members are involved at the right times, understand project health & decisions, & follow through on their commitments.
- Align internal & cross-functional forums that are necessary to drive collaboration & elevate the quality of design work.
- Measure, maintain, & improve Design impact metrics, ensuring they align with company objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value of design & advocate for the design team.
- Be hands on in the tactical day-to-day management of multiple programs including design & marketing budgets.
- Field inbound requests & manage competing priorities across different stakeholders.
- Lead in-flight project coordination on select high-priority initiatives.
- Facilitate meetings & reviews, as well as maintaining documentation on design feedback & decisions.
- Onboard vendors to Brex design guidelines & systems, as well as through internal security & legal reviews.
What We Value:
- 6-8 years experience as a Creative Producer, Design Producer, Design Program Manager or in Design Operations at an in-house Design team.
- Great critical thinking, conflict resolution, & negotiation skills.
- Ability to build clarity & order in a fast-paced world of ambiguity.
- A deep understanding of the creative process & a consistent track record for balancing creative quality & business outcomes.
- A passion for connecting the dots & discovering efficiencies.
- Clear & effective written, verbal, & visual communication skills.
- Literacy with design, prototyping, project management, & asset management tools.
- Experience using Jira & other resource management tools.
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.