We believe teachers have one of the most vital jobs in the world, & were here to support them. What began as a word-of-mouth marketplace where teachers could buy & sell educational resources is now a teacher-powered digital learning platform. Our community of 7M+ educators relies on us for engaging, accessible, classroom-ready materialsand we rely on our team members to continue developing solutions that improve the lives of teachers, students, and, ultimately, the state of education itself.
About the Team:
The Schools Engineering team is responsible for building our next-generation product offeringTpT School Accessbringing the power of TpT to schools around the world. Youll work full-stack on a new product surface using service-oriented architecture & best-in-class technologies like React, GraphQL, TypeScript, Apollo, Serverless, & OAuth. Youll collaborate on a diverse team partnering closely with product, design, & marketing to build in an iterative, agile way. Youll solve big product & engineering challenges including building high-quality onboarding, discovery, analytics, integrations, & other core product experiences for our teachers.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Schools Engineering team, you will deliver iterative value to our users while building on top of a sound technical foundation. In addition to being a prolific contributor, youll play a key role supporting the team to introduce new technology standards & mentoring engineers. You are also expected to help the team identify & implement improvements that allow it to meet its goals more efficiently & with improving quality. Finally, youll be asked to take on progressively more responsibilities to lead major projects & initiatives, working across teams & functions to deliver on goals.
- Consistently contribute high-quality code that reflects industry best practices & meets project requirements.
- Actively participate in code & design reviews while assisting in decision-making processes.
- Communicate effectively fostering healthy, inclusive conversations to improve team collaboration.
- Proactively identify & lead implementation of technical, product, or process improvements.
- Support others in their growth through mentoring, pairing, & knowledge-sharing.
- Strong technical track record with deep knowledge in at least one part of the application stack (frontend or backend) & a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level architectural decisions
- Excellent verbal & written communication that is effective both amongst engineers & cross-functionally
- Able to learn & provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects
Benefits & Perks
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO (20 days) & Wellness Days (7 days)
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave for new parents (12 weeks) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Parents Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.