As you may have read in the news ..
"HelloFresh Acquires Ready-to-Eat Meal Company Factor75"
- The acquisition marks the next step in HelloFresh's growth plan in the US to strengthen its leading position & to expand its total addressable market
- Both companies will benefit from their combined resources, operational excellence & data-driven approach
We are extremely excited by this news as we add to the range of products available to our customers.
So what is Factor?
We believe that health & wellness starts with food & what you put into your body. Our goal is to help our customers achieve their health & wellness goals. We focus on being physically fit & healthy with nutritious, purposeful eating. We want to help people achieve results without sacrificing time & energy trying to sort through the overwhelming amount of information.
We use the freshest, highest quality ingredients available, & our in-house culinary team is constantly working to improve the nutritional value of every meal. Meals arrive fresh & are fully prepared- simply heat in the microwave or oven & enjoy!
The Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the Accounting team supporting all main functions of the accounting department. The main emphasis for this position will be timely & accurate reporting of monthly financial statements & account reconciliations as well as ad hoc reporting. This is a roll up your sleeves type of role, where you should genuinely enjoy analyzing financial statements, crunching numbers, & doing whatever it takes to ensure that our accounting function runs as smoothly & efficiently as possible. You will report to the Senior Manager, New Business.
- Month-End Closing: Own assigned month-end close processes, prepare account reconciliations, record journal entries & maintain accurate supporting documentation of assigned business verticals.
- Reporting: Analyze period over period fluctuations & provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research & analysis.
- Audits: Ensure audit preparedness & compliance. Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Business Partnership: You work closely with other Finance functions to further insight into financial metrics, & work with other functions to improve processes.
- Team: Provide support to Accounts Payable team on invoice coding guidance & work closely with them on daily bank reconciliations
- Projects: Devise proposals to improve accounting processes in order to shorten time to close, improve controls & ensure scalability as the business grows.
- Problem solving & analytical skills with the ability to mine & aggregate raw data from a variety of sources.
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with the ability to interact with & influence all levels of the organization.
- The ability to plan, organize, & manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- An eye for detail & a strong sense of ownership.
- The ability to execute tasks simultaneously & meet deadlines
- The desire to be a part of a high-growth company, have an interest in food & technology, & are ready to take on significant responsibility
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA is desired.
- 1-3 years professional accounting experience with a public accounting firm, or mid to large size company (> $100 million revenue);
- Experience with food/manufacturing/ ecommerce industries preferred.
- Detailed understanding of month end closing processes & thorough US GAAP expertise;
- IFRS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills are a huge plus
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP is a plus
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.