Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Deal Specialist to join our Deal Strategy & Operations team to support our growing sales organizations for Public Sector, Healthcare, LATAM & Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to Twilios Sales & GTM Operations Team in shepherding sales contracts to completion, while ensuring adherence to set contracting policies & processes. You will also have exposure to drafting sales order forms, & provide tactically strategic administrative support to Deal Strategy & Operations team & our ecosystem.
This is an exciting role for the individual to gain & expand their broad spectrum of cross functional interactions & leading non-standard end-to-end commercial agreements or Order Forms (OF). This role will work to appropriately structure the deal to be a great outcome for both the customers & Twilio!
Twilio is looking for an experienced professional who lives the Twilio Magic & has a strong background in sales, sales operations, & / or deal desk. You will be passionate, dedicated & have the ability to understand complex problems while providing explanations & solutions which are sound & clearly communicated. You will also have:
- 2+ years experience in Deal Strategy, Sales Operations, Sales, Finance, or Business Operations preferably in contracting, procurement, or billing operations
- Excellent verbal & writing skills & the ability to comprehend complex written concepts
- A diligent, detail oriented skill set, able to work in a fast-paced environment & juggle multiple responsibilities at one time, while remaining extremely organized
- Eager to be a process master that helps educate, guide, & ensure that the Sales & GTM Operations Team follows the proper internal contracting policies & processes
- Ability to manage a large number of inbound Twilio or SendGrid nonstandard contract (order form) requests including utilizing nonstandard clause library
- Under supervision of manager or senior team member, collaborate with sales to create non-standard language requests for contracting (order form) in compliance with corporate policies.
- Establish trusted working relationships with team members, Commercial Legal, Billing Operations, Commercial Finance, & Sales.
- Ensure forward deal momentum while providing excellent customer service, as well as troubleshoot, advance, & resolve issues with deal velocity especially during month & quarter end.
- Advanced experience using online sales and/or document management tools such as Salesforce, Apttus CPQ / CLM, DocuSign, & JIRA
- MS-Office & / or G-Suite experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
As a Deal Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Serve as the first point of contact to the Sales Team to answer DocuSign, Salesforce, CPQ, & CLM inquiries.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate & train members of the Sales & Commercial Legal Teams on contracting processes & policies to ensure smooth & timely turnaround of contract requests
- WRITE IT DOWN: Draft & review a variety of sales order forms & contracts
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: As an individual contributor, you will tackle complex OFs from start to the finishing line, ready nonstandard OFs for customers signature
- NO SHENANIGANS: Validate bookings to ensure compliance. Find & eliminate the gaps to ensure business compliant order form creation.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Triage inbound inquiries to improve the sales organizations experience.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage the signature & storage process for a high volume of sales contracts.
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to new & update existing contract processes & training materials for the Sales & GTM Operations Teams
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, & constantly evolving business. This role is crucial to the Sales Operations organization for the success of supporting our growing Japanese sales team! It is a highly visible role that supports our sales leaders with good & sound business decisions in our proposals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation, & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in the Atlanta office. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilios benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you & your loved ones. Its likely that you dont think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, & we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance & Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of lifes moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses & activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks