Squarespace is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping Marketing strategy & uncover opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations & informed decision making. The scale & scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, & impactful questions.
In this role, you will work closely with all Marketing functions to drive growth & expand Squarespaces user-base, from Go-to-Market to Communication to Product Marketing. You will serve as a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes & support a wide variety of data-centric needs, from designing & delivering reporting, to campaign experiment design, to data-driven guidance on content & communication strategy. You will also work closely with our Data Science, Data Engineering, FP&A, & Product teams, partnering with your counterparts to surface insights & provide actionable recommendations that directly impact our business across the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit & are excited to support a diverse set of strategic initiatives with the common goal of growing & engaging our user base, then this role is right for you.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Partner cross-functionally across the business to support marketing initiatives & growth goals, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, generate actionable insights, & set analytical strategy for new challenges
- Ownership of data pipelines, including researching, validating, & maintaining data to enrich & enhance marketing data assets
- Own & expand existing dashboards & reporting, surface insights to business users & democratize data access that empower teams to better understand & act on data & key metrics
- Perform deep dive & exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package & present insights & recommendations to stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Proactively identify problems & opportunities through quantitative & qualitative data analysis & help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- 4+ years experience in a Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science or relevant data driven support role
- Mastery of SQL, experience with Python, BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Tableau) & databases (dimensional & relational), including data ingestion & transformation.
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Experience with developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing business performance & understand key performance drivers
- Experience with experimental design & analysis
- Knowledge of digital media preferred
- Familiarity with web analytics packages & tracking platform preferred
- Ability to transform data into a digestible & presentable story based on the audience & confidence & expertise in communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.