Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Developer Advocate on the Circle APIs team, you will bridge the gap between our products & developers interested in building next generation payments, commerce & financial applications. You will understand developers needs like no one else, establish solid relationships with developer communities & advocate for their needs internally within the product organization. You will own the discovery experience & technical product documentation for Circles suite of API products, as well as represent Circle at online forums & developer events around the world.
What you'll work on:
- You will own delivering the best possible experience for developers experimenting with Circles APIs. You will own planning, writing & publishing developer documentation (see https://developers.circle.com). You will code sample applications, write technical notes as well as produce content (whether its videos, blog posts, podcasts, etc.) that helps developers learn about Circles APIs.
- You will be constantly in touch with the developer community that builds on top of Circles APIs, listening to their needs, pointing them to useful resources & clarifying their questions. You will advocate for developers needs internally & ensure product & documentation improvements are put in place to address those.
- You will interact with product management, product design, engineering, customer solutions & other internal teams to communicate developers needs & deliver constant improvements to Circle APIs discovery & user experience.
- You will be an expert on Circles APIs, focusing on supporting external developers, assisting with product quality assurance before major releases, as well as supporting the training of customer solution teams.
- You will act as an evangelist for Circle APIs, articulating vision & value propositions, answering questions online, & helping scale adoption across our developer ecosystem by attending conferences, hackathons & other events on behalf of Circle.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- You have a computer science degree, prior software engineering or strong technical work experience. You love to code against REST APIs & have extensive experience working with & integrating external services.
- You have 4+ years experience working as an external developer advocate.
- You deeply understand & are passionate about developers & making their work more meaningful & impactful.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally & in writing. You are used to effectively interfacing with architects & developers. You have a passion for teaching & sharing new ideas & concepts.
- You are detail-oriented, highly analytical & comfortable digging into large datasets.
- You are a self-starter & fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion you don't need to work from a script.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.