Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data & put Pures technology literally in the drivers seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture & commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Our engineering team comes from various backgrounds & we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas & has helped us build one of the most reliable & easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the smartest engineers who are the very best at what they do. We are seeking enthusiastic engineers to solve real world problems while having fun along the way
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking an energetic Technical Program Manager to become experienced in leading engineering projects & releases from conception through release. Working with fellow TPMs you will develop the skills to manage hardware & regulatory compliance project schedules including identifying risks & communicating them to project stakeholders. Youll be developing & exercising independent judgment & recommendations that translate into a course of action. You will also be challenged with responsibilities including:
- Manage regulatory compliance for new product introduction & maintaining the status of products in production. This requires developing a good understanding of EMC, Safety requirements for countries we ship to, & managing schedules, while staying on top of standard changes.
- Manage technical projects along with programs requiring regulatory compliance, develop & manage milestones, schedules, & budgets.
- Use exceptional communication skills to understand & communicate project strategy, engineering issues & dependencies.
- Interact with diverse technical & non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Manage risks/issues & develop mitigation strategies among a cross-functional team of engineers.
What You Bring To The Team
- Technical aptitude, as evidenced by BS Engineering, or related experience in technical/quantitative fields - or equivalent practical experience.
- 0-3 years experience in project management or technical experience, PMP certification is a plus.
- Customer service focus, with the ability to communicate with highly technical management teams.
- A team player & creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross functional groups & vendors.
- Sound organizational, project management, communication skills, & ability to learn new tools & use them effectively.
- Ability to manage competing priorities efficiently.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent & culture first, specific backgrounds second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things & be constantly learning, so we support our employees in moving around to different teams & projects across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development & Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development & more! Were here to change the world & we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes & employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind & body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.