This is a critical & exciting time at Enigma. After a year investing heavily in our product, we are hearing from repeated customers that our SMB Data product is creating tremendous value for them & is aligned perfectly with their needs. In 2021, we are looking to rapidly expand our Go-To-Market team.
We are looking to hire a Business Analyst who is excited & driven to play a key role in supporting our GTM activities across Marketing, Sales & Customer Success. As we pursue our mission of providing customers with unique insights on small businesses, your work will be integral to generating insights that answer key questions about our vast business data asset & moving GTM conversations forward.
As Business Analyst on the Go-To-Market team, you will work closely with Enigmas Marketing, Sales & Customer Success teams & use your scrappy data analysis skills to showcase the power of our small & medium businesses data as part of our marketing outreach efforts, sales conversations, customer pilot projects & collaborations with data journalists.
We stand by the power of our data & you will create impact by helping us demonstrate it to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is motivated by seeking out the business value of data & gaining experience in go-to-market efforts, looking deeply into the specifics of data & checking it against real world values, & distilling problems down to the simplest solvable core. We envision this role as a stepping stone to Product Management, Customer Success or Data Science at Enigma within 1-2 years.
In pursuit of this mission, you will:
- Support GTM activities at a fast paced startup environment from a data-driven storytelling perspective
- Brainstorm interesting analyses that can demonstrate the power of our data for sales & marketing content
- Own & lead data analysis projects to generate the insights that drive sales & marketing conversations forward
- Present analyses to & engage with customers alongside Sales & Customer Success teams
- Manage 1-2 larger-scope projects per quarter for the Product team to investigate ways to improve product
- Create notebooks & processes for the non-technical members on the team to perform analyses themselves
- Gain experience & train in developing tools & reports using best-in-class tech stack & infrastructure
- Make an impact on Enigmas growth from day one
We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong analytical & quantitative skills & the ability to extract, manipulate & analyze data
- Brings strong business intuition to make sense of complex business data
- Has proficiency in one or two data wrangling tools for tabular data, ideally SQL, PySpark or Pandas (excel macros/VBA is a bonus)
- Shows attention to detail & the ability to gather requirements, plan an analysis & manage a project end-to-end
- Has empathy to see things through the eyes of multiple stakeholders, such as prospective customers, journalists, small business owners as well as technical & non-technical colleagues to create outputs addressing their needs
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills to translate data analysis for non-technical audiences
- Is curious, coachable, reliable, & driven for growth
- Some experience in a consulting, product management or data analyst role is ideal, but were prepared to invest in training in both technical skills & go-to-market strategies
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.