The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The Loss Prevention Specialist is a full-time hourly employee reporting directly into the Loss Prevention Manager. This role will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of Loss Prevention, investigations, physical security, & safety for The RealReals warehouse location in Perth Amboy, NJ. This role will cover the building off business hours (9:00 PM - 6:00 AM).
This role will be based in Secaucus, NJ & is overnight.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The position will cover the physical security of the building during the overnight hours. (9pm-6am) This includes monitoring all The RealReal sites remotely via video & being primary contact for the alarm company.
- This position is the first point of contact between Loss Prevention & all TRR employees therefore strong customer service skills & a friendly, professional attitude are essential.
- This position will service the main entrance the majority of the time as well as securing the building.
- This position serves a multi-purpose function including building security, shortage control, auditing, conflict resolution, inventory, & many other duties as assigned by the Assistant Loss Prevention Manager.
- This position will assist with daily video reviews, high value investigations, & various other special projects in support of the Loss Prevention & Operations Team.
- This position will conduct multiple daily, weekly, & monthly warehouse audits to ensure shortage control, safety, & all other Loss Prevention policies & procedures are being adhered to.
- This position may require you to support off-site functions such as photo shoots, private showings, events, etc. Event schedules are both during regular business hours & off hours.
- The candidate should have the ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to be able to communicate & execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement, metal detector/wanding, parking lot control, merchandise check in/out procedures, etc.
- The candidate should have the ability to handle & identify any security/safety related issues.
- The position requires a full flex open availability with the expectation of working evenings & weekends.
- The candidate should have the ability to be strong partnership with all levels of leadership in the warehouse.
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A professional appearance & demeanor.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to write & communicate in a professional manner.