At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
This is a great opportunity to work with a high-tech, rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated IT Service Desk Manager looking to lead a global Tier 1/Tier 2 support & service fulfillment team. You will lead a team & empower productivity with extraordinary IT Support & Services fulfilment. Ideal candidates will be passionate & possess a strong IT background, including ITIL experience.
What you'll do
- Manage IT Services Staff (IT Services Analysts & IT Technicians) to assure appropriate coverage to meet business needs & Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to achieve excellence in customer service & satisfaction.
- Champion the transition throughout IT to a modern new ITIL service management platform, optimized for end-user ease of use.
- Develop, implement, & continually refine/improve service desk tools, standards & policies, incident & problem resolution procedures, & technical documentation to align IT Service Desk operations with best practices.
- Manage a team of Tier 1 & Tier 2 IT personnel, including setting up employee objectives, identifying developmental needs, etc.
- Conduct regular performance reviews & maintain appropriate levels of engagement within the team to ensure high motivation levels.
- Participate in the local interview & hiring process
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools & support experience.
- Provide data & report on KPIs & trends to management & others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly intervals & as needed.
- Drive ticket/incident deep dives & develop strategies for improvement. Determine root cause of issues & communicate appropriately to internal & external customers.
- Take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders & the user community, post incident review, & driving resulting process improvements.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs
- Monitor, control & support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies & procedures are in place & followed.
- Manage the complete life cycle for client computing hardware to include procurement, installation, replacement and/or repairs.
- Work with the IT Operations Engineers & IT Systems Administrators to continually improve the desktop computing environment, & evolve standards for hardware, software & security in the desktop environment.
- Champion Service & Support in projects & develop a strong understanding of projects impacting client computing & ensuring service impacts are minimized.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service & performance; ensuring future demand from growth & projects is understood & factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Drive internal & third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality & processes.
- Lead & inspire the IT Services organization to do great work by displaying the traits you want to see in the team. Keep your technical skills up to date, & provide your team with leadership through knowledge & experience.
Examples of desirableskills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; ideally in MIS, or similar field of study.
- 5+ years managing an IT Service Desk in a high-tech industry, start-up environment
- Must be experienced in implementing changes in a Service Desk environment.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer support; able to thrive in a dynamic global environment & be a change agent.
- Proven success delivering results of increasing complexity across teams.
- Analytical skills, able to leverage KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to improve a teams output.
- Experience with ITILv3 frameworks & a broad IT foundation.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills, including comfortably presenting to senior management.
- Experience managing direct reports.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.