At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub Berlin, weve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector & inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes & thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam & Copenhagen & shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart & soul of our highly international, fast-paced, & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career & development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product & Security teams are located in Berlin & New York & are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services & add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems & have a high output of building & releasing features & engines that make our business thrive & deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
- Our Backend Engineers assume development & operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers & internal users
- They take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment & operations of the microservices they develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming & other cutting edge methodologies
- They are active, solution-oriented members of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- They participate in bi-weekly Chapter Days to take part in exploratory initiatives & to share knowledge & trends with the engineering department
- They have an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as ambassador for software solutions offering support & mentorship to colleagues
- They are comfortable with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, & more
Who we are looking for
- You have solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Golang, PHP and/or Python
- You have experience working with Docker & container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- You are experienced in CI/CD methods & practices
- You have practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD & distributed architectural patterns
- You have a background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- You are experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, & continuous integration
- You have experience working with relational & document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate & mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge & trends
Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product managers & our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms & environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members & stakeholders.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin & visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse & vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series & knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.