ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms design team is a group of fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on creating beautifully branded experiences Skimmrs love. You will be responsible for translating innovative campaigns & branded experiences into sales material. Under tight deadlines you will be responding to RFPs (request for proposal).
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Take conceptual ideas & turn them into visually striking & compelling decks.
- Design & create sales materias using Keynote.
- Innovating with theSkimms design team on evolving our visual language & brand.
- Maintain knowledge of design trends & techniques, while continuing to develop skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of design experience
- BFA degree is preferred
- Expert in Keynote
- Proficient in Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography & composition, & grids
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm: brand aesthetic, audience & mission
- The ability to refine other peoples ideas & come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Deliver superior design work despite time restrictions
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, & under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly & work in a fast evolving environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & make quick decisions
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
This is a contract role based in New York, NY.