As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Director, HRBusiness Partnerto support the Product organization.
This Directoracts as the primary business partner to support clients within the Business Functions organization.This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives & will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies. The individual will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations & partner with the HR leadership team on planning & delivering HR programs & services to the business. The Directorwill operate as a trusted advisor & business partner to functional executives serving as the expert on people & organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate & grow.
Provide proactive & strategic guidance & support for organizational planning & development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies & initiatives
Drive an effective client-service HR team that instills company-wide trust & value for the HR function
Ensure that strategic human capital goals & initiatives in client groups align as appropriate cross the broader organization
Ensure that human resource costs & services are aligned with organizational goals
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective & appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust & mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when & how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted & institutionalized
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop & retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies & how to develop high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics & provide insights to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives & programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security & reliability
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, & retention issues which may include: Annual reviews, Leadership coaching, Career pathing, Advanced HR reporting & metrics, Special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences & other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Have executive presence & strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills within & outside of HR
- Serve as a role model & thought leader on Human Capital issues & coaches other HRBPs in their development
- Experience designing & delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Cultural Change
- Organizational Design
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries working in progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Manage medium to enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization
- Hands on approach willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results
- Experience in a growing global business & positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- Successful implementation of operational & strategic programs & processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, & develop solutions
- Possess strong influencing & interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding & high performing work environment
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective & appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust & mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when & how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted & institutionalized.
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity & judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the right thing for the employees, shareholders, & others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values & Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation & Excellence). Demonstrates commitment to growing & developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation & positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job & to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks & propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact & how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor & listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively & constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident & highly articulate.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.