At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Convene is looking for an Account Manager to join our sales team, one in our Philadelphia, PA locationto help increase the adoption of our full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces. This role will report to the Account Director for the respective region.
What Youll Do:
- Ensure that your WorkPlace properties are compliant with target occupancy rates.
- Fill the sales funnel with WorkPlace tenant prospects proactively solicit new business accounts with heads of real estate at enterprise organizations, C-suite at high growth organizations & real estate brokerage firms.
- Proactively identify & understand issues, problems, & opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with others on the real estate, sales & operations teams.
- Attend networking events & informational sessions to prospect for new business & understand current industry trends.
- Be a professional brand ambassador for Convene.
What We Look For:
- College/University Degree BS/BA required.
- 6+ years professional experience in a sales capacity (within real estate and/or flexible workplace solutions is a plus).
- You are naturally competitive & enjoy the sales hunting process prospecting, lead generation & execution of in-person meetings for new business.
- You are self-sufficient.
- You possess strong relationship building skills & are energetic & personable
- You are undaunted by the challenge of calling the C-suite of high growth organizations, real estate brokerages, VC firms.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity & emotional intelligence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision the future of Real Estate.
- Process & detail oriented.
- Intersectional, iterative thinker that can see many paths to a goal.
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to solution using informal influence, & your art & intuition
- Youre an entrepreneur & think of the word NO as next option. You see opportunity everywhere, welcome mistakes as compost for your leadership journey & greet adversity as something to further develop your resilience.
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work.
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine.
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth.
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave.
- 401k match.
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families.
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies.
- Healthy snacks.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.