Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As aResearch Engineer, you will discover, lead, & manage the engineering needs of a world-renowned research team on a variety of research projects in the Visa researchgroup. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies, methods, & solutions to deliver innovative distributed & decentralized products.
You will driveinnovation from ideation to implementation. The innovation will build on the foundation distributed computing, blockchain, cloud computing, security, & cryptography, & will research & build seamless, fast, reliable & secure payment solutions.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, research scientists, software engineers & architects, as well as external parties like technology vendors, wallet providers, merchants, issuers & senior product regional managers. You will discover opportunities, propose research opportunities, create research plan, execute & implement the ideas. During the course, you will publish influential research papers & patents.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity & the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry & influence the direction of the research & development across Visa.
- Work with senior executives, scientists & architects to formalize a committee to oversee the development of the research projects
- Implement the solution with prototype & early product by collaborating with other scientists & engineers
- Work & partner with product delivery teams to fully implement the proof of concept & early product in Visa services & products
- Document project milestones by delivering regular reports
- Present & demo the prototypes to a committee on the regular basis
- Work with IP team to identify patentable ideas in the research, as well as publication opportunities
- Champaign the innovation across the organizations & industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks & presentations
- Continue to learn the new payment technologies in Visa & across industries
- 2 years of work experience with an Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technology field.
- Background in programming in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or other blockchain networks at any layer of the blockchain stack: Application, scripting/smart contract, consensus, and/or network
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineeringor other technology field
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence & develop relationships with key partners
- Research experiences & capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Understanding of distributed/decentralized protocols, network security, & cryptography
- Strong understanding of algorithms & data structures
- Extensive programming experience in at least one or more in Python, C/C++, Java, Rust, Go
- Results orientation with ability to plan the work & work in a team
- Fast learner in new technologies
- Experience in multidisciplinary research & development
- Experience in research & development of security models, secure system development & architecture
- Publications or presentation in recognized computing journals/conferences
- Payments industry experience
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.