Data Analyst / Analytics Engineer
MakeSpace is looking for a hands-on Data Analyst or Analytics Engineer to help us revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience & full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We're looking for an analyst to join the Strategy & Analytics team. Reporting to the SVP of Strategy & Analytics, you will drive growth & operational excellence by developing exceptional reporting, analytical tools, & data products, by empowering each functional area & educating them on our data, & by generating & communicating insights to teammates across the business. This role can be fully remote from any US or Canada location, with some preference for candidates based near our teams in New York City, Phoenix, or Denver.
- Partner with functional leaders & stakeholders on our Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing, Product, & Ops teams to drive change in the organization by providing insights & making high-quality data products available to decision makers
- Own & lead projects to improve operational processes, & contribute to important strategic & operational questions, like triaging customer support requests, measuring & improving the customer experience, & improving the efficiency of our sales team
- Make new datasets available in our production data platform using best-of-breed ELT technologies
Below weve laid out experience that would help you contribute quickly. We dont expect any candidates to have all of the experience below. Your attitude & desire to develop professionally as an analyst & analytics engineer are the most important keys to your success in this role
- A motivated individual contributor & full-stack analyst (a.k.a. analytics engineer), with 2+ years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data science, or analytical/quantitative roles in management consulting, finance, marketing, or operations
- An analytical thinker looking for an opportunity to own data projects from beginning to end, with a focus on driving better results for the business
- An excellent communicator & a natural team player; curious & inquisitive & excited to gain deep knowledge of every functional area
- Strong SQL skills; experience using dbt or managing a data warehouse preferred. Experience with visualization & business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.). MakeSpace currently uses Fivetran, Stitch, Redshift, dbt, & Looker
- Experience with financial or operational modeling & forecasting using Excel, Python, or R
- A college graduate with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Science, or another quantitative field preferred
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.