Web Classification Analyst
Location: New York City
Reporting Relationship: Classification Manager
DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology & tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media & drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
Are you a secret, or not-so-secret, web junkie? Do you have several websites & channels that you visit every day? If so, we have a unique entry-level opportunity for you on our growing classification team.
As part of DoubleVerifys impression quality product, our classification team reviews thousands of websites every month to determine if they contain inappropriate, non-brand-safe content, such as controversial topics, copyright infringement/piracy, profanity, nudity or pornography.
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated & enthusiastic recent college graduate interested in getting started in online media & content management. Youll get to grow your knowledge of the ad tech industry & online space across international markets. Youll also learn popular tools & technologies, as well as valuable skills, that will help meet the needs of top clients across industries.
- Web-savvy, & can comfortably talk about well-known or popular sites. (Tell us about your favorite websites & why they interest you!)
- Naturally curious learner with an interest in local & international news, as well as pop culture
- Critical thinker who can identify & describe themes & tone of web content
- Comfortable seeing & talking about sometimes sensitive or explicit textual & visual content
- Enjoy working on your own, but can collaborate with a team when needed (please note this role is not customer facing)
- Good at staying self-motivated & on task
- You are fluent or have intermediate skills in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Analyze & categorize a wide variety of websites, including those pertaining to celebrity gossip, video games, sports, & politics
- Use our custom web application to search for key concepts & terms & review search results to find recent & relevant examples of non-brand-safe content
- Support internal teams by providing category explanations & updates as needed
- Assist with special projects providing analysis of the accuracy of categories
Skills & Background:
- Bachelors degree, preferably in liberal arts or social sciences
- Knowledge of G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs) & Microsoft Office products, particularly Word & Excel
- 1-2 years in ad tech or online media industry desired, but not required