WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
BARK is seeking an experienced investor relations leader to serve as the companys key point of contact for investors, sell-side analysts, & other internal & external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a skilled finance professional who is as comfortable building & explaining financial models as they are discussing dog play styles. The Senior Director of IR reports directly to the CFO.
- Act as BARKs spokesperson to the financial community to position BARKs market opportunity, performance, & strategy for both existing & prospective shareholders.
- Lead internal & external investor relations activities.
- Partner with FP&A & management team leaders to develop BARKs financial story & ensure forecasts are aligned with projected financial results.
- Develop strategies to keep the financial community current on company performance & industry trends.
- Advise company management & board about financial & industry trends as well as shareholders concerns.
- Collaborate with internal & external PR & brand marketing teams on business communications.
- Partner with BARKs finance team to analyze internal & external forecasts, data, & assumptions.
- Advise internal partners on & assist in the preparation of filings for the SEC & annual reports to shareholders, ensuring accurate & consistent messaging.
- Maintain Investor Relations external website.
- Prepare materials for quarterly Board meetings & regular updates.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working in investor relations, private equity, financial services, or related fields.
- Degree in Finance or related field; CFA or MBA a plus.
- Strong financial & investment analysis capabilities including deep experience with financial modeling.
- Clear communicator; able to convey complex financial information in brand-aligned ways.
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, or financial consulting required. Previous investor relations experience preferred.
- Experience working with a subscription model business is ideal.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must love dogs.
This is a full-time salaried position. It is remote to start but will be located on-site at our office in NYC. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.