Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Were looking for a Manager of Brand Marketing & Partnerships to seek out, manage, & implement non-beauty brand partnerships & influencers to contribute to the overall brand vision. This role is key in bringing to life the strategy that the Content & Creative team builds.
All work led by this team member should build brand affinity by representing our unique beauty & grooming perspective, create engaging digital & physical experiences that delight our community, drive qualified organic & paid traffic to Birchbox.com, & deliver on acquisition & shop revenue targets for the brand. This strategy will support all aspects of the Birchbox business: the beauty & grooming subscription, our online shop, brick-and-mortar locations, in-house beauty brands, & any future innovations.
This person likely describes themselves as innovative, a strong negotiator, & results-driven who excels at using their broad sense of brand building, marketing, relationships, & knowledge of what makes customers fall in love with brands, all with the aim of helping to create & nurture the Birchbox community.
This role sits on the marketing team & reports into the Director of Brand Marketing, Partnerships, & PR, & this team reports to the President, US.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Grow & cultivate the Birchbox community through partnerships: identifying the where, when, & with whom Birchbox should partner.
- End-to-end partnership execution, inclusive of creating the story & brief that will be used to sell in both external partners & internal cross-team stakeholders, project managing cross-teams & external partners, leading negotiation & finalizing contracts, & ensuring all deadlines are met. This work includes:
- Increasing engagement & traffic to spark engagement via partnerships with celebrities, key influencers, publications on sponsored content, & non-beauty partnerships that help new & existing customers know Birchboxs brand positioning, products, & services.
- Fulfilling our values (sustainability, racial equity, & empowering women) through partnerships with companies, brands, & people that can bring our values to life.
- Business Development by leveraging partnerships for revenue generation. Negotiate deals that require partners to pay us to work together.
- Project management & fiscal accountability: Work within budgets & alongside the Director of Brand Marketing, Partnerships, & PR to align marketing spend. Manage your work to deliver on timelines, budgets, & total company objectives & key results (OKRs).
- Excellent cross-functional relationships & deep insight of the business: Create & maintain strong relationships to ensure experience vision consistency in partnerships. When possible, coordinate with our international teams in London & Barcelona. Work & consult with the creative & content team to build partnerships that deliver against partnership strategy goals, while maintaining a lens on helping to increase earned media coverage, social media engagement, content shares & saves, & traffic to the website.
- 4-5 years of experience in marketing, partnerships, and/or sales, ideally in a strategic or creative agency or fast-moving startup environment
- Fluency in digital marketing, including knowledge of building brands & communities in digital channels, social media, etc
- Excels in presentation skills & respects for process & principles
- Experience under managers & teams that are building or have built innovative brands & go-to-market campaigns is a plus
- Comfort in working with & analyzing data, experience working on teams who use a hypothesis-driven attitude towards the work
A successful candidate
- Enjoys working across various teams & departments on projects, whether leading or meaningfully contributing to
- Has the ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization
- Has a strong sense of creativity & knowledge of a creative & marketing process
- Is obsessed with creating impactful consumer-centric experiences
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.**