The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in New York, NYand will report to the Director of Product Management for Employee Ops.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the vision, strategy, & roadmap for automation efficiencies across the company
- Originate, collect, & synthesize product ideas from across TRR
- Use strategies of executing smaller experiments to ensure we have picked the right strategic direction
- Work with other teams across the technology organization to help them unlock the power of automation through machine learning & AI
- Work with engineering teams to ensure our automation platform will support the immediate needs of the business & be well equipped to be expanded to support future projects
- Understand the impact of operational process on the consignor & customer experience
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, including e-Commerce & fashion
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumers need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles & viable solutions
- Outcome oriented: not reactionary; clearly & continuously communicate the desired outcome & work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Consensus builder. Able to curate & build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Must have strong product vision & instincts
- Big thinking: should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, & user research/insights
- Must have a great understanding & empathy for The Real Real customers & consignors; must be a user advocate
- Rigorous: ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, & make sure asks align to the actual needs of the business
- Have a great eye for a good technical solve & must be able to collaborate with engineers
- Have a great eye for user experience & must be able to collaborate with designers