Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The team has responsibility for managing the technology relationship with one of Visa's largest clients as well as having responsibility for providing management, technical oversight, support & delivery for Domestic Processing India, Russia & others) & technical investment reviews. Areas of focus include Visa's strategic agreement with a major client, various domestic processing solutions such as India, Russia & many other countries as well as analyzing technology investments. Our architects & project managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa, enterprise wide, to ensure projects are effectively managed, developed, integrated, & deployed with quality, on time, into production environments, from start to finish.
We are actively looking for a talented Project Analyst to join our team in Foster City. The person in this role will work across multiple business & technical departments within Visa to support overall project success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross-functional projects will be required - management of contractual obligations, coordinating technical requirements & support for domestic processing solution providers, & providing project management support for future domestic processing agreements. Also, proving comparable support for technical analysis of certain investment opportunities.
This position will work closely with members of a large client's Account team, Corporate Risk & Cyber Security to ensure contractual compliance, Global Product Management & all Technology teams toward providing project management support as needed. A strong candidate will have experience with technology project management, cross-functional team leadership, & managing through influence; as well as strong communication skills, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, processes, & change management. Reviewing & improving existing processes & tools will be a key initial & on-going expectation for the chosen candidate.
- Manage the day-to-day operational & tactical aspects of large scale projects, cross-divisional highly complex projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, matrixed environment. Drive projects from concept to implementation
- Project deliverables may include internal systems or 3rd party developed systems & could include the integration of external solutions
- Project teams generally comprise of geographically disbursed members from multiple IT & Business teams
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, project schedule & change control processes
- Identify & manage dependencies across the portfolio
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including Technology Office architects & strategists, technical subject matter experts in the Global Systems development groups & Global Operations, business partners, vendors, & Visa senior management
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology & Key Controls
- Accurately forecasts resource utilization & manages project budget effectively
- Work with business & technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate & inclusive estimates, develop budgets & project plans, & produce Project Charters & other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Grows long-term relationships with clients & capitalizes on partnership opportunities
- Communicate project issues & risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder & senior management
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management & negotiation to achieve project goals & develop trust with stakeholders
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Removed concentration in computer science
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
- Ability to analyze & organize a plan based upon available information
- Ability to influence, without direct authority, so as to achieve necessary goals
- Financial services & card payments experience is a plus
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover & internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole
- Independent judgment & mature decision making skills to deal with Technology Office projects that often have enterprise-wide scope & may have significant cost & time-to-market impacts
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed
- Strong process orientation & a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, & best practices
- The following bullets are new from the template
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, attention to detail & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with strong time management & ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Familiarity with project management techniques, reporting tools (e.g., Clarity, Tableau, etc.), productivity & collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Wiki pages, etc.), & software development lifecycle in a variety of environments
- Solid understanding of Waterfall & Agile principles/techniques/practices, & their application in day-to-day activities
- Good prioritization, negotiation & communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills with ability to influence change
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during & beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.