We are looking fora Senior Software Engineerto lead a small team of developers inside our Buying Engine team. In a few words, the Buying Engine team is in charge of providing a real-time service to select the best advertisement to display it at the right time, to the right user & in the right context. High volumetry, real-time, machine learning are examples of the subjects you will be confronted with on a daily basis.
OurEngineering team brings together 120+talented individuals on 3 main locations (Paris, Montpellier, & Bucharest).We are organized in agile & autonomousfeature teamsand we also share technical knowledge within several community of practices.
Our main engineering challenges:
- We work in a veryhigh trafficenvironment with low latencies constraints
- Web & mobile complexity,we are trying to offer a similaruser experienceon a wide range of contexts (device, OS, browser, etc.)
- An infinite source ofMachine Learninguse cases, ranging from ad performance prediction to ad delivery pacing & forecasting
- Large datasetsthat we need to compute in nearreal-time(auction resolution) & even greater volumes for analytics use cases
- Weoperate globallyand constantlythink about new productsto build the future of the media
Check ourEngineering blogand ourTechnical Stack
As aLead Software Engineer, reporting to our Buying Engine Engineering Manager, your missions will be:
- Be responsible for coordinating & organizing the teams workload
- Be in charge of tech solution choices, from architecture design to effective delivery & daily operations in production
- Continue to develop & maintain a very hands-on position within the team
- Help enforce & continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, & tools.
- Empower & mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high-quality products, & develop themselves
Your skills & experiences:
- Experience with taking initiative/ownership & acting as a technical lead.
- Solid foundation in Software Engineering (data structures, algorithms, software design)
- A can do attitude & the ability to immerse in deep technical problems, understand team dynamics & establish technical direction.
- Fluent in multiple development languages, & willing to work mainly with Scala.
- Comfortable with change, uncertainty, & a high-velocity environment, the experience of agile methods is a plus
- Hands-on & pragmatic, your are able to work collaboratively with the team, explain your decision & share your knowledge
- Large-scale distributed systems, service oriented architecture
- Experience in caching system (in memory, distributed)
- Experience with Scala
- Experience in high performance and/or low latency system
- Messaging middleware (Kafka, RabbitMQ...)
- MySQL & NoSQL datastores
We provide competitive benefits & in house training.
Teads is The Global Media Platform. We have united & empowered the best publishers in the world & distribute ads to over1.5 billionpeopleevery month within professionally-produced content.
Through its end-to-end platform, Teads provides demand-side, sell-side & creative technology to deliver better media effectiveness for brands, better monetisation solutions for publishers, & better experiences for consumers.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies & publishers through a team of800+people in 26 countries
We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity & inclusion, & represents employees across a variety of skill sets. We embrace contributions from all ages, sexes, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations & gender identities.