At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing & supporting HR functions and/or programs for Rent the Runways NJ Dream Fulfillment center. They will maintain & enhance the human resources function by planning, implementing, & evaluating employee relations & human resources policies, programs, & practices. The role will have a heavy focus on HR investigations & employee relations resolution. This role drives overall business performance & employee engagement by proactively diagnosing issues & opportunities & taking the necessary actions to address issues.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities & issues & being decisive. A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement. Experience with rapid & complex changing work environment & high-volume workload is a must. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, & collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business & willing to contribute where necessary including the ability to "roll up your sleeves."
What You'll Do:
- Guide & advise leaders in corrective action, employee terminations, etc for both RTR & temp agency hourly population
- Support performance management
- Partner with RTR managers & temp agencies to facilitate & perform thorough investigations using sound judgement as it relates to HR/ER matters as they arise
- Active stakeholder in the improvement of employee engagement
- Partners with operations leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals.
- Oversee/Coordinate facility recognition & employee appreciation programs
- Administer & advise leaders regarding legal & regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- Partner with operations to provide reporting & directional guidance around key HR metrics such as turnover & attendance
- Advise, resolve associate concerns, & support in administration of benefits & compensation including annual open enrollment
- Ensure consistent policy implementation & adherence
- Communicate across all levels of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement & monitor HR processes for the team to ensure continuous improvement & enhancement of associate
You Should Have:
- B.S. degree in HR, business administration, or related field
- At least 5 years in a dedicated HR role with at least 3 years of progressively increased responsibilities
- 5 years experience interpreting & applying HR policies, procedures, programs & processes
- Ability to create, analyze, report & manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Experience with an HRIS system; Workday experience a plus
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!