Away is seeking a highly organized Product Development Associate for Luggage & Accessories. This role focuses on supporting the luggage & accessories product categories, including updating WIP trackers, following up on costing, planning & facilitating category meetings amongst other administrative tasks in order to keep the PD team organized & moving forward.
More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization & represent the company & brand in line with our culture. You will act as an extension of the wider Product Development team. You maximize productivity for the team, enabling them to do their best work. This role will report to the PD Manager for Luggage & Accessories & is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What youll do:
- Maintain product development trackers for luggage & accessories categories, product changes, supplier sourcing & cost tracking.
- Ensure timeliness of sample shipments, Evaluation Reports & costing from manufacturers.
- Process information from manufacturers & suppliers to bring thought out recommendations for product improvements or changes to PD team.
- Track packages & samples (incoming & outgoing) for the various projects the team is working on. Coordinate daily daily inflow & outflow of product shipments & unboxing of packages.
- Prepare for internal & cross functional product category meetings & circulate notes to team members. Scheduling, monitoring, & prioritizing of the day-to-day incoming communication & requests for time
- Manage confidential records & notes for the Product Development team
- Manage the document flow between prod development / legal & our suppliers for NDAs & CoC.
- Facilitate day-to-day communications with vendors & manufacturing partners / key role in building strong & trusted relationships with overseas partners
Who you are:
- Have 1-3 years of full-time experience as a product coordinator, or in a similar role providing administrative support to a product team
- Demonstrates ability to juggle & prioritize multiple tasks & projects simultaneously & successfully
- Possesses strong project management skills: one who thinks ahead & anticipates needsyoure never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking how can we do this better?
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Operates as a partner / in it together & naturally builds relationships with internal teams & external manufacturing partners
- Comfortable working independently, but also knows when to ask for help
- Adhere to confidentiality & sensitive information protocols
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & energetic environment
- A passionate ambassador of the brand
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!