What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence what’s new, now & next in music & audio.
We’re looking for an experienced Designer to join our marketing team & play a crucial role in providing support for our brand marketing. The Designer will work directly with our Creative Director & specifically on the Listener Business, to manage the details & processes that are required to bring a creative idea to life. This individual will work from pre-established templates & branding as well as update, manage, & create new processes & ideas from scratch.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director to refine & implement brand identity across owned channels.
- Formulate style guides & work with marketing team to establish & maintain a consistent design vocabulary.
- Conceive & execute a range of design assets including (but not limited to): webpages, product integrations, advertorials, invitations, & event collateral in both print & digital.
- Create original content, while maintaining top quality & staying true to the ideals of both in house guidelines.
- Design, update & manage decks for other SoundCloud teams.
- Generate, update & innovate on performance marketing assets.
- Assist in the establishment & maintenance of department archival system.
- Help manage freelance designers & maintain a productive & collaborative studio environment.
- Strong work ethic & a passion for design, the music industry, & start-ups.
- Portfolio that reflects print, web & mobile design samples.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, illustration, & image optimization cross platform.
- 4+ years as a graphic designer, production designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Framer, Final Cut Pro or equivalents a plus.
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Technical understanding of the web development process.
- Experience creating and/or managing media in a digital-focused environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & efficiently in a deadline driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational & communication skills.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
“SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.”