The Sales Compensation Analyst will provide support for the worldwide sales teams & lead continuous improvement initiatives of both sales compensation processes & systems. This positions primary focus will be to assist in owning & leading the end to end commission process & provide real time information to various stakeholders in Tanium in a timely & accurate manner. As a key member of the team, you will also act as a trusted advisor & processor on a wide variety of tasks including commissions calculations, reporting, accruals, stack rankings & Xactly & Salesforce (SFDC) hygiene. This role requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic & collaborative environment.
What Youll do:
- Administer & manage all aspects of the day to day operations of Xactly ultimately leading to accurate & timely compensation payments
- Partners with the Talent, HR, Sales Operations & Finance & Accounting teams to understand new hire offers & non-standard terms as it relates to sales compensation
- Assist in the rollout of sales compensations plans & new sales compensation processes
- Research & respond to sales team & sales leaders for commission & incentive related issues, questions or concerns
- Participate in design & user acceptance testing, & providing feedback and/or best practices for incentive systems integrations
- Work with Sales team to ensure quota & commissions adjustments are applied correctly & timely
- Monitor new hire & termination data & update internal systems accordingly
- Identify patterns & common reasons for commission disputes to improve dispute process & incentive system adoption with Sales Operations collaboration
- Perform SFDC opportunity review for accuracy in the deal closeout process
- Required to learn, maintain & provide input on changes to multiple systems that could potentially impact Taniums ability to process commissions
- Understand current policies & applying the policies to the most complex/creative deal structures as well as being able to propose improvements & enhancements
- Develop process documents & craft formalized controls to efficiently & effectively manage the sales compensation processes
- Ability to use critical thinking to analyze problems by applying business processes
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree required with an emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on sales commission processing, preferably for an on premise Software, SaaS or IT related company.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com required
- Experience working with the Xactlys Incent application
- Advanced Excel knowledge required
- Should be comfortable interacting with all levels of Management
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly, & set priorities with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong analytical skills, disciplined attention to detail, highly organized & thorough.
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments & administering complex programs
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.