What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP company, provides a cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) that is used by todays biggest companies to organize, manage & pay their freelancers & independent contractors.
As the industrys #1 FMS, WorkMarket helps some of the most well known enterprises today to organize, manage & pay every aspect of their flexible workforce -- all in one platform.
We provide UI extensibility through an SDK, an enterprise-scale API, advanced algorithm-based talent discovery & management, tasks & payments workflow customization, & financial reconciliation & compliance.
For more about ADP acquisition of WorkMarket, please seehttps://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYCs fastest-growing companies & was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. Were looking for brilliant engineers, technologists & software developers to join us on a mission of a lifetime: to power the future of work.
From New York to Boston to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter & faster.
If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also has a desire to participate in architecture and/or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers a unique, startup-like experience where you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Check out ourengineering blog.
Learn more about our diversity & inclusion effortshere.
What we are looking for?
Every day, thousands of professionals use WorkMarket, an ADP Company, to support the on-demand needs of large organizations. With the Freelance economy expanding at an ever-faster pace, its propulsion has influenced the traditional means of how work gets done. Understanding the impact this groundswell is having on the modern day economy requires synthesizing datalots & lots of data. Consequently, we produce iceberg-sized data & if youll excuse the metaphor were only at the tip of analyzing it all.
In the Data Analyst role, youll work with the Head of Data & Analytics & in collaboration across all corporate functions, to build dashboards, reporting tools, ad-hoc queries, & detailed analysis. This includes adapting our data warehouse & reporting tools to match our fast-paced business needs. Further, you will help shape how our teams & user base consume data on a real-time basis.
- Developing data models to capture & report on KPIs
- Building dashboards & tools to support our internal teams
- Exploring our data to uncover meaningful insights in changes to help drive company growth
- Contextualizing data for a variety of audiences, internally & externally
- A myriad of data projects as needs arise
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, et al)
- Demonstrated interest in exploring data & extracting valuable insights. (Show us your favorite visualizations!)
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, & troubleshooting expertise
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, & Redshift)
- Ability to learn & assimilate technical information quickly
Bonus points for
- Experience with version control & shell commands (git, github, SSH, *nix, etc.)
- Python for Data Analysis (pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Java & Tomcat
- Database/query performance optimization
- Comfort with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, et al)
- Experience with data warehousing (Stars & Snowflakes!)
- Knowledge of SaaS-based business
- Enterprise-grade data & systems knowledge
- Tolerance for the occasional data cleansing